Freitag, 4. Mai 2007

The World is Round!!!!!

There are easier and quicker ways to proof it, but I am sure there are no more exciting and nicer ways then doing it by sailboat.
Thanks to everybody how supported and helped me, to my family, especially my brother in law Sid and my sister Susanne, to my crew Andy and the Backpackers from Australia. To all the friendly people we met in all countries, to the islanders how taught me that you do not have to have money to be rich. And to Emma how came on board of FREEFALL in the middle of the Pacific in Bora Bora and (almost) never left till then......

What does it mean, Sailing around the World???
Here some quick facts:

33024 Nautical Miles = 61160 km
250 Days and Nights at Sea
104 Islands
28 Countries
37 Month

I would have liked to count the fish we caught and the books I read! many many many...

Atlantic Ocean (3 month): Feb. 04 - 02 May 04
Pacific Ocean (26 Month, inc. two hurricane saisons, 6 month in New Zealand, 5 month in Australia) : 2 May 04 - 21 June 06
Indian Ocean (7 month): 21 June 06 - 14 January 07
Atlantic Ocean (4 month): 14 January 07 - 4 May 07

Happy Sailing, i am off to the pub now,
Axel

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see:

http://www.sailmail.com

1 Kommentar:

susanne hat gesagt…

HERZLICHEN GLÜCKWUNSCH!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DEINE SUSANNE